Welcome to Toronto
Toronto is Canada’s largest city and a world leader in business, finance, technology, entertainment and culture. Its large population of immigrants from all over the globe has also make Toronto one of the most multicultural cities in the world.
Arriving in Toronto
Toronto has two airports: the downtown Billy Bishop Airport (YTZ) and Pearson International (YYZ).
Billy Bishop is closer to the venue but offers limited flight options. Billy Bishop also provides free shuttle service to the downtown core near the venue. Travelling to Pearson International Airport, you can take a light rail train (Union Pearson Express) to the downtown core near the venue. Costs will vary depending on your travel arrangements.
- Accessibile transportation in and around Billy Bishop Airport.
- Transportation accessibility in and around Pearson International Airport.
- About Union Pearson (UP) Express.
- About Union Station
Getting Around Toronto
We always strive to keep our events close together in downtown Toronto but if you want to explore, there are a few ways.
Start by browsing the city's Visiting Toronto resource.
Toronto has several conventional taxi services operating, which might have wheelchair accessible options. This isn’t usually people’s first choice.
Both Uber and Lyft operate in Toronto and have WAV (wheelchair accessible vehicle) services in town.
The TTC is the public transportation system of subways, buses and streetcars. It connects to the GO Transit regional rail system and the UP (Union-Pearson) Express, and has interchanges with nearby municipalities.
- TTC – the Toronto Transit Commission:
- Wheel-Trans – the TTC’s specialized accessible transportation system
- Costs the same as conventional transit;
- You can apply for temporary eligibility by transferring your existing registration with paratranspo at home to registering directly with Wheel-Trans. Contact WTCS@ttc.ca to learn more.
- GO Transit Regional Rail System
- UP Express, from Pearson Airport to Union Station
Accessible Parking Permits are managed by the Province, but Toronto has specific parking by-laws.
About Accessible Parking Permits, including Travelers’ Permits
APPs in the City of Toronto, including parking exemptions
Know your rights about service animals and guide dogs in Ontario
Lodging in Toronto for Conf
Hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District for $249 CAD per night
Book your group rate for #a11yTO Conf.
Last Day to Book: Friday, September 15, 2023.